- This event has passed.
The National Cowboy Museum in Oklahoma City has planned an exciting day of learning and exploring in the new outdoor playscape, Liichokoshkomo’.
Come see this new Outdoor Education Experience, an interactive, multi-cultural space that introduces the American West through science, technology, engineering, arts, math and citizenship in an immersive hands-on, minds-on environment.
Liichokoshkomo’ (the Chickasaw phrase for “Let’s play”) shares all aspects of our diverse Western heritage. This cultural meeting place will encourage children and families to explore Western heritage by examining differing viewpoints and historical perspective. The Museum hopes to impart an understanding of how to learn from the past; setting children on a path of constructive reflection, discovery and life-long learning.
- Visit Native American dwellings
- View Western vistas
- Explore the playground
- Learn about ancient and contemporary Native American traditions
- Explore the role of trading posts in the West
- Learn more about cattle drives and decisions cowboys had to make
- Try out steer roping or barrel racing
- Learn about packing a wagon and decide what to take on a journey out West
- Make a western landscape pop-up card
- Learn about the principles of transpiration through a coffee filter leaf craft
Be sure to visit the temporary exhibition West: The American Cowboy. French photographer Anouk Masson Krantz gives an outsider’s perspective on the enduring iconic symbol of America’s pioneering spirit.
Activities while supplies last. Lunch space available on a first come, first serve basis.
Registration is closed, to be added to the waitlist contact Gretchen Jeane at 405-478-2250 ext. 277 or email@example.com.