“I give and devise to the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum (Tax ID#30-0341029) located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, the (residence, commercial property, raw property located at X address) to be used for its general support of the Museum (or for the support of a specific fund or program).”
A bequest of real estate to the Museum in your will removes the value of the property from your estate, thereby reducing the estate tax liability.
How It Works
- You deed your home, vacation home, undeveloped property, or commercial building to the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum.
- You may continue to use the property rent-free, and then ownership passes to us when you no longer need it.
- The Museum may use the property or sell it and use the proceeds.
- You receive an income tax deduction for the fair market value of the real estate.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
- You can direct the proceeds from your gift to a specific program at the Museum.
We are pleased to speak with you in confidence about the opportunities available to support the Museum. We are also happy to share more information with you about planned-gifts and how they can meet your personal, financial and philanthropic goals.
For more Information about planned-gifts and leaving your Western Legacy please contact (405) 478-2250 ext. 288 or email@example.com.